I am transgender but I think I am better off as a man?

I don't know.. I tried to become a woman but it was not what I think it was.. People are not that accepting and there is no boy friend either. I met some people as a woman but they still treat me as a guy. on the other hand, I can do anything as a man. opportunities come as a man but I am not attracted by a woman. I see some transgenders successful as a man hiding herself as a man. I don't know if I will be happy just being successful instead of being myself? should I change or not?

• reme_1

Please call the LGBT center and ask fir the trans support group. My best to you

"should I change or not?"

That decision is ultimately up to you to decide with the assistance of a gender therapist.

What I will tell you is this: If you are truly trans, the dysphoria you experience will get worse over time. So although you might not feel the need to transition now, they may very well change over time. When things start to change I would highly suggest speaking with a gender therapist; you'll know when it's time.

You need help if you are trans

Accept yourself for who you are.

That's them, not you!

Accept yourself for who you are.

• Ron

I think that you should definitely change, or not change, depending on what feels right to you and that makes sense for your life. 

That is kind of the beauty of this era, in that you can actually follow your gender identity and people -- well, most people -- will be fine with it. 

So let's talk about what you are seeing.

Acceptance: being treated as a guy. Well, not sure what that means really, maybe you were thinking you would be flirted with more, or have doors opened. I don't know that every woman gets that. Some hot girls get that, but how many women are hot girls. Being treated with indifference is probably, unfortunately, a totally normal thing.

No boy friend: well, lots of women have no boy friend.

Not attracted by women: lots of people are not attracted to women. 

Hiding self: not sure what you mean. But in general, we all have to create a persona, we all put on clothes to go outside, and also put on an attitude that helps us get through work, school, family situations, romantic situations, etc. None of us is totally honest all the time and that'd a good thing or the streets would be awash in blood. But you can't be totally fake either, that's not good for the mental health. 

Advice: you have to figure out who you are, and not so much on what gender identity you should be. What do you like? What do you hate? What kind of thing can you see yourself being happy doing for a job? For a hobby? What skills do you want to learn? What skills do you have right now? When were you the happiest? Where do you see yourself in ten years, ideally? 

Get to know yourself. 

Maybe you will find a way to go forward with your biological sex as your gender -- I mean, that is the straightforward way, though for a few people, not the best way to go.

Or maybe the things you need can only be expressed as a woman. 

Good luck!