rose asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

I have a friend who is very jealouse and never helps she asked me for a recipe should i give it?

When i need her she is never there. Most of the time she ignores my messages. I have been asking her for a recipe for 4 years and she makes excuses but never gives. Shall i be the nice person i am and give. Or shall i stand up and stop being a doormat.

• IvaB

"What comes around goes around".

• JOHN B

"I'll trade ya"

If she’s never there for you, don’t be there for her either.

Stop being a doormat and move on.

• kswck2

You two have more issues than just cooking, obviously

clearly you two are NOT friends but combatants. Why be nice to someone who isn't there for you?  Ignore this person and move on with your life.

• CB

Why would you call someone like this a friend? The problem is yours and yours alone. 

That said, give her the recipe, just change an ingredient or two that will keep it from coming out a good as the original.

• Janet

Cultivate kindness in your heart. It is the key to being happy.

Her jealousy is her problem, and you should not make it yours.  Have some compassion for her inner unhappiness that drives her bad behaviors, and her inability to learn how to work with her own emotions.