Who will be remembered in 1,000 years?

Interesting read: https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20171220-how-to...

This article from the BBC talks about how some humans achieved prominence, or notoriety, and who from the modern day will most likely be remembered 1,000 years from now.

However, I always wondered how long the average human is/was remembered after their death.

But my question; is there a formula that shows how long will the average, normal non-famous person, average Joe/Jane who works as a bus driver, or teacher, or doctor, or data analyst, or graphic designer, or writer, or coach, etc… who has/had a small family and would live to be 70-80 years of age and have grandchildren, possibly great grandchildren – how long will these guys/gals be remembered for?

Let us define “being remembered” as simply at least one person thinking about them, having a simple vision of this person when they were alive, even if it is once every year. Its like crossing someone’s mind.

I would say when the average Joe dies, only close family, friends and acquaintances will remember them for the next year. Let us assume this person was popular and around 1000 people might think about them in the 1st year of death. The next five years this number drops to the close family, then the next 20 years the remaining living family members which would be around 20-30.

After 20 to 50 years, very few people will remember them, even for a thought.

Are there any studies or hypotheses about this?

Joseph Stalin, Adolf HItler, Chairman Mao Tse Tung and Pinocchio J. Trumpov. 

• Mike

Ask anybody to name two Roman Emperors. My guess is Julius Caesar and Nero would be named. How about two world leaders of the past? My guess, Attila the Hun and Ghengis Khan. Julius Caesar had the advantage of being written about by Shakespeare. What characteristics do the others share? With that in mind, I suggest Hitler will be the best remembered contemporary figure.