Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

What happens if me and a guy became pals and he confuses me?

Does he want relationship ?

He has a gf but he said hes not gonna marry until at least 2 years because he thinks people can change. It sounded like he meant she could change... But who says that about someone they really want to marry one day? 

He flirts and is attracted to me he said...

But he says stuff like 'one day youll find a husband'

But he also says (maybe hes joking?) A lot stuff like Lets move in together (he also said it to a group of us coworkers so i dont.think he means lets move in in THAT way)...

• Jerry

I don't understand the jump from "he has a gf" to the "when's the wedding?" type stuff.

I do understand that a guy who is in a relationship (has a GF) shouldn't be shopping around for "romantic" opportunities. If he'd treat the GF like this, he's a sneaking rat, yes? So why on earth would you be interested in such a sneaking rat as this doink? 

Well, he's a jerk because he should not be flirting with other women when he's in a relationship.

And no, I don't think he wants a relationship with you. Sex? Maybe, but not a relationship.

As for what he said about his girlfriend. It's actually quite sensible to get to know another person really well before you marry them, no matter how in love you are. Two years is a good amount of time. My husband and I waited three years.

In any case, my advice is to stay as far away from this guy as possible. Don't even aim for friendship. Guys like him are usually bad news, plus the more time and energy you spend on him, the less open you'll be to seeing all those better SINGLE guys when they come along.

• T J

He knows, he needs to really know his GF, because he is right, over time the true person comes out, and after that, many break up.