Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Is it normal to be depressed about turning 40?

Ugh...my 40th birthday is tomorrow and I'm just not feeling it. I feel like my best years are behind me and that it's all kind of downhill from here. It seems like just yesterday, I was 25 and having the time of my life. 

Is it normal to feel a little sad about turning 40 or is there something wrong with me?

• Buzz

It’s completely normal but, your life really isn’t over. Hell of a lot of experiences and moments for you to still enjoy. 

A little.  Try turning 60...

..

EDIT: I am 63 and having More Fun than even 40. I am Retired, I can take  my date to Kitt Peak on Weekdays--Less Crowds.  I own a house, Outright. I can  ride my Harley Any day I want. I am probably Finally getting married. I have friends, 'Nam vets, 68 yo, that skill kick Butt on their  Heritage Softails. Heard of a  68 yo in San Diego who surfs every day. Heard of another, an ex-boxer, spars every day. Age is a Number. I had two relatives live to 98.  2 others, to 93 and 96.

60 was actually a Good birthday. I was Out of ADC after almost four years..Can't appreciate Freedom unless it's taken away .On my 61st, I finally bought a Harley.  

Just say that you are in your late late 30's.

Maybe for some but to others, it's just a number.

• Audrey

Forty is the awfulest birthday ever!

dont feel sad cause if you have an attitude like that ya wont last long...i look at photos of me when i was 40 and i was real young looking  and i know you are too.......eat healthy  and give up smokes etc etc  and you will stay fit as a fiddle ..walk lots too and you will feel 40 for donkey years to come....

Depends on what. you've accomplished or are trying to

Source(s): personal experience

Life begins at 40 so they say so your best years are in front of you.

I started going to the gym, getting ripped, it makes me feel better about all the grey hairs.