Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 1 month ago

Toddler kicking duvet off waking up cold ?

He's in a toddler bed with guard and I tuck him back in few times before I go to bed and if I wake in night. He can be completely out and sideways. Its colder now and our heating is timed so can be very cold at times. Any advice, do i need a bigger duvet? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

When my three were toddlers..........I always put them in a blanket sleeper and they never needed blankets.

• 1 month ago

Send your boy to bed with thick socks and winter pj's. If he kicks off the covers, he will pull them back up if he is cold. Don't tuck his covers between the mattress and box spring...you and I would hate that as much as your son will.

• 1 month ago

Instead of blankets, put him in warmer pajamas.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My wife literally tucks our son in...she tucks the comforter under the mattress...the comforter doesn’t move an inch

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Put him in warm PJs with feet or socks and try a lighter blanket.

Or cool off his room before you put him to bed.

It's possible he's too warm under the duvet when he first goes to sleep which is why he's kicking it off.   Being too warm can result in being too cold because of sweating. 

• Jill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If he's completely out and sideways then he is comfortable. If he was too cold he would wake up just as you would if you were too cold. Just throw the duvet back over him if you're worried. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.