How long will Christians wait for Jesus to return on a cloud before they realise that they have been deceived ?

They’re too delusion to give their beliefs or their logical reasoning are of their mind is messed up. We atheists don’t believe in God and Jesus for the same reason we don’t believe in magical bunnies appearing in the forest on their own. It simply isn’t plausible. The rapture is also a delusion belief because it’s scientifically impossible.  

That's the great part about Jesus being a myth - the waiting will never end.

Preachers can keep the grift going forever!!!

• Nous

The bible is what is called "Faction” A fictional story set in a factual time and place. Thus the time, place and real historical characters are all correct but the fictional characters and stories are not!

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!

At best he was an amalgam of those others but almost certainly never existed!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until several hundred years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books more than a hundred years after they would have been dead?

Christianity is an invention of the Italians and that is why it came from the Holy ROMAN Catholic church!

Please realize that those claims for the Old historians are worthless since they were not even born until long after everyone in the stories would have been so long dead!

Josephus AD 37 – AD 100

Tacitus AD 56 – AD 120

Suetonius - 69 – 130 AD

Pliny the Younger, 61 AD – 112 AD

Justin Martyr (Saint Justin) AD103–165 AD

Lucian - AD 120 -180 AD but he was hostile to Christianity and openly mocked it.

Pamphilius AD 240-309 AD

Eusebius AD 263 – 339 AD

Photius AD 877 – 886 AD

Thallus - But there are no actual record of him except a fragment of writing which mentions the sack of Troy [109 BC] Showing that he was clearly not alive in biblical times.

Some even try to use Seneca. 4 BCE – 65 CE but as a Stoic Philosopher he opposed religion yet made not a single mention of a Jesus or Christianity!

Even funnier is trying to claim Celsus AD ? – 177 AD Who said that Jesus was a Jew who’se mother was a poor Jewish girl whose husband, who was a carpenter, drove her away because of her adultery with a Roman soldier named Panthera. She gave birth to an illegitimate child named Jesus. In Egypt, Jesus became learned in sorcery and upon his return presented himself as a god.

We are not told the day nor hour.

• Bryce

Christianity is a religion of false hopes and empty promises.

God is not a man that He should lie.  Jesus Christ came the first time and died for us, so I believe He will come again in glory to judge both the living and the dead.  Even if I am dead physically by then, I shall live spiritually for eternity because I have made Jesus Christ my personal Saviour and Lord of my life so I know where I am going and I know where I will be when Jesus judges both the living and the dead.

How about you?  Can you risk believing that God is a liar?  Sorry Anthony, if Christians have been deceived, we will have lost nothing.  If you are deceived, you will have lost everything.  Think about that my friend - think about it long and hard.

Jesus will come again in 420 weeks. 

Not as long as you'd like! lol 🙂

Actually, Anthony, according to something which I have only fairly recently worked out, I suspect that AMT has 'accidentally' got it just about right ..... 

a better question would be is how long will atheists continue to believe they are right and that there is no God, even though they are wrong?...but hopefully many will figure it out it in time...before the last sight they see is Jesus Christ descending with all His holy angels at that "Great and Dreadful Day" - it is called that because it will be a great day for the faithful, but it will be a dreadful day for the wicked...it will be a day of burning, of all the evil off the face of the entire earth....to usher in the beginning of the Millennium - just as it is taught in the Bible as plain as word can be - but ignored by the foolish,.... as can be expected.

Christians have not been deceived and 2000 years is not up yet. I estimate another 7-9 years to go.