Sarah asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why do I think these thoughts?

I have always struggled with my thoughts and feel I didn't create them. For example

I picture swimming and being happy my mind automatically pictures drowning

I picture going to the mountains with friends/family, happy but always ends in me falling or getting pushed off the side. 

I picture water even a puddle, and it turns into the ocean drowning me. 

I don't know why I have these thoughts, they bother me a lot. Sometimes I dream this way too but only positive I am able to pray in my dreams, and rebuke what is happening. 

I can stop the thoughts during the day, what I do is pray  and or picture myself washing the thought away.

There has been a lot of negative in my life, from childhood to adulthood. I am now 33. 

I want the good thoughts to stick around not be corrupted with the bad stuff that wouldn't happen. 

God I know has a great plan and will takes this away. 

When you're in a bad mood, look at the thought that triggered it. See if it's false or otherwise useless. If it is, let it go and replace it with two positive thoughts. Count your blessings, and remind yourself of your past successes.  

Stop and smell the roses.

I've answered a lot of mental health questions, with advice from experts about a variety of problems.

There's a lot of things that can help. For example, you might be interested in stress management advice. Research has come up with various things that are effective and easy if not downright fun.

Keep praying.