Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Will the Acura NSX become a discontinued car?

In 2020, they've only sold 80 cars in the United States and 0 in Australia. Yes 0! And they only sold 2 in 2019!

Update:

I'm talking about the 2nd gen NSX that is considered a "supercar" by many. It's MSRP is $159,000

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

The data from carbuzz says 238 NSX were sold in 2019.

As opposed to 170 in 2018.

However, these are only SALES.

Most people driving a $160K car are LEASING it.

• 4 weeks ago

All cars become discontinued. 

The NSX never has and never will be a profitable model: sales revenues will never exceed the total costs of production and development. The NSX is sold simply to boost Honda’s prestige by demonstrating what it is capable of manufacturing. In this case, a super-reliable supercar.

So on that basis alone, low sales alone probably wouldn’t kill production. 

Honda will kill production when they decide that model is no longer of benefit to their corporate image, or if it becomes clear that it’s no longer technologically relevant. Now that electric is the way to go, the future production for much longer of the NSX must be doubtful.

• I prefer the older NSX' models from the 1990s.

• Barry
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I doubt it as it's sold all over the world. In the UK it goes under it's proper name Honda NSX. It has sold almost 2000 in the last three years. BTW it's certainly a supercar with 3 seconds to 60 and a top speed close to 200 mph.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.