Ty asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Phimosis at 13?

My penis is not retracting and I think I have phimosis and I'm scared to go to the doctor. Does anybody know what to do?

9 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    you are still too young for anything to be serious. phimosis is the tightening of the foreskin that is usually accompanied with scarring. its a very rare condition and is often misdiagnosed. if you have a tight foreskin it may take until age 17 to loosen. you can try stretching exercises by pulling the foreskin tip away from you whenever you can, not too rough to cause damage, but frequently like whenever you use the restroom. i would say don't be worried until you're 19 or so and its still tight. at that point you can talk to a doctor about getting steroid creams to encourage the skin to loosen with stretching techniques. circ is never needed except where scarring has occurred forcing the foreskin closed, which is extremely rare.

    Source(s): personal experience
  • 1 month ago

    Unless it's painful, you don't have to do anything. If you had phimosis, you would be in pain.Not all foreskins retract all the way back. 

  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Many boys only discover that they have phimosis at puberty.  Parents ought to have checked since about 8 years old as the sooner it is diagnosed and rectified the better.

    Phimosis will not cure itself and makes normal daily hygiene difficult if not impossible - leading to infection under the foreskin.

    Talk to your father about this and don’t be scared to see a doctor about anything wrong with your body, especially your genitals as delay can cause things to get worse.

  • Jesus
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

    I believe that you meant that your foreskin doesn't withdraw or it doesn't lower, if you have fhimosis you can make exercises to open up more the hole, this will allow to lower the skin and to discover the glans. If the exercises don't serve you then he speaks with your parents so that they take you to the urologist.     

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You need to talk to your dad.  If you're uncut, it's likely that he is also.  Sometime when you're getting out of the shower, call him into the bathroom and say "does this seem right to you?"  Your dad knows that you're a man with a hairy dik--he's not gonna be surprised that you're concerned.  Men want their sons dix to work right.  

  • Nick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    too soon, wait it to develop more

  • Are you saying that your penis is staying inside of your body? Or you are not able to pull your foreskin back?

  • 1 month ago

    Get over your fear of going to the doctor and go to the doctor.

    At 13 though things can go funny due to starting puberty so it may be normal. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by a retracting penis.

  • 1 month ago

    sounds like u might have it. Just go to the dr. U may need to be circumcised

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.