Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Do women have a easier time living a celibate life than men?

Most women i asked confidently say they could go on for a long time(some even their whole life) without sex but men on the other hand find it difficult to not think about sex even for a day.

Generally.

@Bill Yeah i know that but it seems generally females seem to easily live a sexless life than males.women seem rather satisfied with some one being there to talk to and share feelings.

Favorite Answer

I'm sure they do,women don't get shamed for being celibate.

Worldwide there seems to be more female religious believers that are living celibate lives.  So it would seem that perhaps some women find it easier to live celibate lives, compared to men.

Perhaps this explains why so many religious paedophiles have been male Monks and not female Nuns.

Possibly, and maybe because they know that they can get sex whenever they want it by a few winks and nods at males.

Men have to work at getting sex, so take any opportunity which comes along.

• bill

All they have to do is buy a wedding ring for themselves and they will automatically get into the no-sex mode.

It depends on how interesting the woman is..

One can think about sex and still be considered celibate. It is only engaging in the act that determines whether one is or is not celibate. 

LOL! I'm fine living without sex. Yeah, I think about sex fairly often. More so when I was younger. BUT I'd rather have internet ****, lucid dreaming, video games, youtube videos, ANYTHING over being a woman's slave just so she'll give me some sex. No thanks. It's just not worth it. The fall out at the end of the relationship, the constant belittlement DURING the relationship- just the fact that she doesn't care about me as a person but only as a tool- it's just not worth it. 

And let's say women DO have it easier. OK. I'm STILL not about to put myself in that situation again. 

Ah, I see YA is censoring the word '****', rhymes with 'corn'. How about 'pornography'? How about 'movie about sex'? F'ing puritanical garbage. 

There are women who find it difficult not to think about sex for even a day too. And women who don't need or want someone to talk about their feelings with. Anyone can take care of their own sexual needs if they want to, with masturbation. I am a woman and I prefer it to getting involved in a physical relationship - no matter how short - and all the risk that goes with it. No risk of pregnancy, disease, wondering if I'm with a psycho, etc.

Anyone can live a celibate life. In Asian and Middle Eastern countries, people wait until marriage. They are celibate until then.

• Bill

Lol. Men are more likely to be loners, more likely to be introverted and more likely to be independent thinkers. I have no idea where people get this idiotic idea that men can't do without sex, but there is little doubt that many men prove these people to be stupid f*uckers every single day.