Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

How to remove air compressor plastic cover/shroud when its caught by pressure switch gauge output regulator assembly?

I just cant see any way to remove it without completely unscrewing the entire switch assembly. removing the wires from inside the switch and detaching them. and also removing the pressure relief line for when the air compressor turns off and completely unscrewing the entire thing to get the shroud off.

Why is it so darn hard to get the shroud off?? I just want to get a stick out of the fan blades! my little one shoved a stick way up in there only way I can get it out is if I remove all of the regulator. switch. and air outlet assembly. and even remove the copper pressure relief line.

Theres a huge lip that runs underneath the plastic shroud so It doesnt just lift straight up.

it is a WEN brand oil lubricated 6 gallon air compressor.

I'm not trying to get a "stick" out

I'm trying to get the shourd/plaster cover off! it wont come off. its like hooked underneath the motor and the entire switch regulator and pressure relief line are all in the way

All I can see to do is take the entire air compressor motor off first. and unhook any lines coming off it.

but in order to do that I have still have to loosen the cover and fit a screwdriver in there

Everything is in the way of everything!

Favorite Answer

There are two bolts on each side of the shroud.  If it still won't come off then the stick is jamming it.

Either disassemble everything or shake the compressor upside down to get the stick to drop out,