Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Question for doctors: Can giving birth cause scoliosis to a woman? ?

I am a guy and I have scoliosis. I am asking this question because giving birth puts a lot of pressure on the women’s back and abdomen. So I was just wondering.... 

• Marc
    Favorite Answer

No. Pregnancy and birth do not cause scoliosis.  Scoliosis is either idiopathic (unknown origin), traumatic or due to congenital anomalies.

Not likely.   Pregnancy hormones cause the joints to loosen, which gives them some laxity to accomodate for the physical changes of pregnancy

Yes, it can also trigger, Lupus, Multiple Scoliosis, and other dormant illnesses and as well as back pains in the spine, cramps, and cramping for the next couple menstral cycles following the birth of children, if twins or multiples sets. 

no it wont                        

We are not doctors! I had 5 babies and my back is in great shape! Other women can have other problems. No 2 women are alike.