Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Online dating match doesn't want to meet?

Background: I met this girl a few weeks ago on a dating app, she expressed interest in going on a date in person. She seems like a good gal. I'd really like to meet her. I got her snap, and since then she sends me a snap most days. They're generic snaps that I'm guessing she sends to a lot of people, but we still chat a little and she does still seem genuinely interested.

Problem: I invited her out. That weekend didn't work for her so I immediately asked about next weekend, didn't work either and she seemed a little annoyed I was pressing her on it, so I backed down a little and told her to let me know when she was free, she said ok. Another 2 weekends pass, no word. I gently imply that I'd still love to meet her, she says ok. Another weekend passes. No word. I believe good things happen to those who wait, but I'm basically looking for advice on how to ask her out again in a concise way that makes it clear I don't want to keep up this weird snapchat thing (I don't really like snapping people I haven't met in person) without seeming pushy and without leaving some wall of text explaining that I think it's rude to promise a date and then not give any updates for 4 weeks.

Tell her is she isn't willing to meet with you that you are going to be looking for someone else.That should help her make up her mind.

I would not contact her again. She does not respect the fact that you have feelings. If she was very interested in meeting you she would make those plans.

Honestly, let this one go without another word.

Obviously, the girl has no interest in you as she's probably using these sites out of curiosity or to pass away some spare time while her husband is working. I'd recommend you meet a real girl someplace and enjoy life.

If she were that interested, she'd have met you by now.

She's not looking for a relationship.  Just entertainment at the end of her day. Probably is married and a little bored with it.

Come up with a specific event at a specific time in a specific time frame and invite her to join you asking if she'd prefer to supply her own transportation or would she prefer you picked her up. When you say ,"I invited her out".. what did you invite her out to do? "hang out"? That's for high school kids. A place, a time, an event and a query about transportation. That allows for a yes or a no without it meaning anything personal. If she's unavailable, let it fall where it may. 

Let her go!!  Don’t ask again, remove her from Snapchat and move on. She changed her mind about meeting up, if she was interested in you she would be sending you messages, texts and want to meet even for coffee. 

i would just go out with someone else

• Lili

She's not really interested. She may be keeping you on hold while she explores other options, but believe me, you are not at the top of her list. By now, that should be pretty obvious.

Forget her and move on.

• donnie

Great move on and get off online dating too sketchy