My parents does not want to meet my boyfriend?

I have been dating this guy for a year and an half and he hasn’t met my parents yet. I’ve already met his before we even dated. He met my dad once when i got in a car wreck but they didn’t really talk at all. My dad said that the first impression of him was that he did not like him at all because “he’s too short, poor and drives a run-down truck”. My boyfriend has been asking to meet my parents for so long, but I’ve been making excuses because I know that they won’t like him. I grew up in a strict Chinese household and my parents always valued education and wants the best for me. My boyfriend dropped out of school and is doing landscaping right now. I planned on having him meet my parents next week, so I talked to my parents about it tonight and they refuse to meet him. I told them that he is a “friend” because I’m scared to tell them that I have a boyfriend. I don’t know what to do now. I’m crying because I’m afraid to tell him. My parents said that I’m too young right now (I’m 21 and he’s 21 too) for a boyfriend and that I need to have a higher standard and focus on school. They want me to marry a Chinese guy that can support me. I feel like my only option right now is to break it off with him and I am so sad. I know he’s going to be angry when I tell him that my parents won’t meet him because he’s been waiting for so long. I don’t know what to do. 

• T J

Guess your parents come first to you, and you truly do not love your BF. Be kind to your BF, tell him whats going on with your family and break up. You knew this all along, but yet you kept this guy thinking you cared. If you cared, you would have never played with his heart. Now be kind to him and let him go, so he can find a honest upfront girl.

My folks had 5 kids and never wanted to meet ANYONE we dated. It was just too much for them to get involved with. 

He must like you a lot because most guys aren't biting at the bit to meet their girlfriend's parents. If you have decided your only option is to break up with him then get it done. Time's a'wasting. Twenty one is young to chose a spouse. I've one sibling who wed that young. Stayed married all these years (45 years now)... not a happy marriage though and filled with the challenges that people who wed before they are fully adult can often encounter.