Why do so many want immortality?

I rather cease to exist forever.

Favorite Answer

I suppose because humans are wired to want to survive and we are also wired to fear the unknown?

I personally find the whole religious obsession with eternal salvation to be a bit self-absorbed.

"I rather cease to exist forever."   I'm pretty sure you will get your wish, although you will be dead and won't get the satisfaction of knowing.   LOL!

If God's transformation of humanity is not strongly effective, than being around humanity will not be much of a blessing. When I think about peace, humanity is not even in my mindset. Peace to me, is being free from humanity, and either not being subjected to this physical body that has all of these needs, or having all I need around me, minus the humanity part. I didn't hear about Adam complaining to God about a lack of a person, when he was not with a person. I think it was God who decided, that it was not good for man to be alone. However, if you think about it, Adam was not alone, as he had access to God. How can access to God not be our fulfillment, and we need something additional and extra? Humanity does not even fulfill me on this earth.  Even in my dreams where I get to live in a giant mansion and pick my own room, there is something greatly lacking.

Even the thought of my family being with me does not make me happy, seeing as everyone wanted to live in division here, and when we are together, there is not harmony.  On the plus side, not being in lack of food, refuge...etc... having some genuine safety, stability, and being provided for, and not being in a state of worry is definitely part of a good life. I would also take heaven over hell. Air conditioning and relief is always better than heat, and discomfort. I just don't see how humans can fulfill me there, when they could not manage to do it here. And I don't see the point of existing forever, when I am only existing for myself, but that being said I cannot live a lie and pretend that I fit together with people that I do not fit together with.  My doubts are only due to what I have experienced here, and the long pattern of lack I have had. I am beyond tired, tired of people, tired of striving, tired of living just to perpetuate my existence. It all boils down to what God is able to accomplish, and if He fails, then my creation has been for nothing.

Though I suppose I cannot judge Him yet, as I have not been in His kingdom, but though humanity is God's inheritance (and He is ours), I feel like He has gotten the weaker inheritance...because all of humanity could not fulfill nor satisfy me. I just speak of the cuff, regardless of what anyone else thinks... whether it be God, saved man, or unsaved man. I just feel like telling the truth, even if it only represents what I believe right now, without additional information to give me a different conviction. A lot of people speak out of bitterness only, having no hope beyond the now, no hope in God's words. I am the most faith-filled person, but I suppose I have enough to cling on.  I love truth and righteousness, these are the two things that are worth fighting for, because without these, I do not believe life is worth anything.

Well..... because no one wants to die, its a biological fact we are all scared to die lol obviously. I value life a lot to not wanna end it. Though I accepted i have limited time here on earth and to not be stupid and eat junk food to shorten it. Healthy life = longevity

Because you get to spend it with God.

It is NOT Rocket Science.

The answer is FEAR .. obviously.

~

I haven't heard one afterlife story that sounded even remotely appealing.

They all sound dreadful.

Since no one knows what either state looks like, I would rather live in what I think would be paradise than oblivion.

Kosodmdksoskkkkkkkksksoosookok