I can hear my upstairs neighbor but there’s carpeting upstairs. Is she just noisy?

She’s not heavy, I had the same issue with my last neighbor. I can hear almost everything & they also have carpeting. I thought carpeting absorbs sound, are they just noisy and rude? I have bad luck with neighbors, I can hear: walking, closing doors/cabinets, piping, alarm ringing etc 

I use it as motivation to upgrade my living situation. I now have a side hustle and currently paying off debt at lightning speed. Use a bad situation as motivation.

Depending on the age of your building, the insulation may be less effective compared to newer buildings.  Soundproofing and noise reduction were simply not considered in early structures.  Consider having a conversation with your neighbor and explain what you can hear, alternatively speak with Building Management and seek out their advice.

Probably not. Old buildings especially older conversions usually have zero sound insulation. To make matters worse, they often have lost the original heavy ceilings that cut down on sound transmission. There really is not much to be done, even if you were allowed to, and you can spend a lot on trying to upgrade it with only minimal improvements. One trick that can work is to have plenty of soft finishes in your flat - heavy curtains especially and that can help reduce stray noise - not all sounds come through the floor. If you have the height, a tented ceiling is another option worth looking into.

Cheap building, poor or no insulation between floors. Carpeting is not thick enough to help with soundproofing, it just cuts down on clicking noises that you would get from a bare floor. None of this is the tenants fault, it's just normal life in an old or new un-soundproofed building.

not much you can do about it, i try to run a fan so i dont hear them