Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Can I evict my tenants who do not support our great president?

I'm a Trump Christian and disgusted by my tenants who are not supporting our great President.  They are putting up bumper strickers that do not indicate their support.  Am I able to evict them?  I put it in their lease that they must support Donald Trump.

• This would be illegal in every jurisdiction.

Yet another troll alert

• garry

no its racist against there beliefs .people vote for who ever they like , no one elses choice .

As much as I like what President Trump, and will vote for him again, I have to say that you're not the brightest light bulb in the field. Putting that in a lease would never hold up in any court nor would any sane person consider it.

<sigh> obviously not. 

Troll

• R P

You are not a Trump christian.  You are a stupid troll.

Thanks for the easy  points!

Completely dependent upon whether or not you required it in your lease.  And eviction will only be granted if there is a breach of contract, the tenant is a nuisance or can be proven as a threat to you, and chances are you won't get an eviction court date soon enough.

I am putting sign, five percent discount on all items, if you vote Trump.

NO you cannot evict someone for their political opinon.  Such a clause would be illegal & unenforceable. 

Get a life you miserable little troll.