Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Thoughts on the name Maeby?

My partner and I are massive fans of Arrested Development and we've really grown fond of the name Maeby. As far as I know, it's not a real name, so we were thinking of calling her Mae and having Maeby as a nickname for her. What do you think?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I think it's little different than naming your kid 'Maybe'... Maybe what? Maybe she'll pick her own name when she's older? Maybe this wasn't the worst idea ever?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Marry me! That was a freebie!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Absolutely horrendous. Please do not call your baby this. She will eventually despise you for it and the poor girl will likely suffer from bullying by people making jokes about her name being basically like the word “maybe”.

• 1 month ago

Maeby, pronounced Maybe, is awful and will be subject to bullying because it is a target name for being made fun of.

Mae is such a beautiful and classy name. Love it!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Snid
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If it was used in a TV show it's now a real name.  I much prefer using Mae and nicknaming her Maeby.  Maeby is just a misspelling of Maybe.

• 1 month ago

It's not my taste in names.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I generally do not like any of those names with 'ae'.  Why does a person have to have a nickname?   'Mae' pronounced May is one of the few 'ae' names that I like the look of.

And, of course, Maeby is pronounced like 'maybe', which might be awkward for the girl when romance arises in her teens.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think Maeby is fine as a nickname, one of my friends (who is a Mae) gets called Maeby Baby by her parents.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.