What percentage of married women do you think tolerate their husbands having affairs?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd say there is a small percentage of women who have been married a matter of decades who look the other way when they know their husband is having an affair.  Hell, who knows?  Maybe she is too! 

• 1 month ago

I'd say very few women would "tolerate" it. Most are deeply hurt by a cheating partner (male or female). Some may feelthat they are trapped in the marriage and unable to get out, which isn't the same as tolerating the cheating. 

I would suspect that those who married solely for money or social standing might be more willing to "put up with" it, as long as they still got what they wanted out of the marriage.  

• 1 month ago

As an older married man who has had several affairs in my earlier years, I think you'd be quite surprised to hear that all of my affairs, except for one brief one, were with married ladies. I know for a fact that some of their husbands tolerated their behavior and they tolerated his as well. Therefore I can state that the % is higher than society would have us believe.

• T J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

What about the woman having her affairs?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

A greater percentage than the men who tolerate their wives having affairs

• 1 month ago

Too many. Many are delusional and weak. Some just stay for the kids and accept being miserable.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In the USA?  I'll guess from my employment it's about 1/3.

• R R
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Probably many, but in today society it goes both ways.  The new world.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

For an expert opinion, let's check in with Bill Clinton's wife.  I'm guessing she will say the ones who treasure money and power can overlook a stained dress or two on an intern. 

• 1 month ago

I hope no one hahahahah. I think it does happen because of our traditional view of marriage, however, no one should settle for that. Women need to have more self respect and get out of these situations. That is when good people come. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.