Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

How to get a recently divorced man to commit to me?

We have been dating for some time and everything is going well. I want to take things up a notch. How can o do this without scaring him off. I know he loves me and is just fresh out of a commitment but how can this be possible

6 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    If he's just fresh out of a marriage, then he's not ready to marry you or anyone.  Divorce is the most traumatic thing we can go through, even if it's our own idea to file for divorce, it's crazy traumatic.

    Give the guy time to recover - unless, of course, he's using you as The Rebound Girl and in that case it's not going to work out in the long-term anyway.

    It amazes me that women think a man who just came out of any long-term relationship is a "catch".  

  • T J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    If he is a smart man, he will never remarry. Once is one time too many.

  • J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    You’ll have to just be patient and wait till he’s ready. You can’t force him to commit. He’s probably trying to take it slow to avoid another failed marriage. 

  • 1 month ago

    You dont. If I was marriage minded I avoid recently divorced men because they are the least likely to want to commit. They usually bring their emotional trauma from their divorce into the new relationship and usually make the new woman (who is often nothing like their ex and far better) pay for it. Most recently divorced men Ive met are emotionally unavailable anyway, I wouldnt want to date them let alone marry them!

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    You can't, and why would you want a man you have to persuade to be with you?

  • Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    He needs time to heal.  Lots of divorced people make the mistake of getting back in to dating before they've had time to heal from the hurt they're feeling.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.