Mistery shopper recruiters?

Hi

Do recruiters accept mystery shopping mandate from employers who want to check if their own employees are job hunting? 

If so would this be illegal?

For example : my company contact recruiter company ABC asking them to send me a job offer on LinkedIn and see if I answer. If I answer yes then the recruiter would inform the employer and receive a fee

• Mystery shoppers are people that go into stores, they make sure that the store's employees are doing their jobs and giving good customer service. 

They don't check to see if their co workers are job hunting, and it may be breaching confidentiality it can would be illegal.

Because if an employee wants to leave then the fire you and plan t repace you in advance

That would be breaching the data protection act and why would you want to bully employees for trying to leave? People do now and again, no big deal.