Anonymous

What major should I apply as?

Hi! I'm applying as a transfer student to the University of Miami, and right now i'm undecided at my current college. I'm interested in business. Is it easier to get in Miami if I apply as a business undeclared major or just undecided?

If I apply as a business major I would be in the business school. I'm just not sure if it is competitive. 

• John

Choosing a major simply because you think it may be what the Admissions Office wants to hear is a big mistake. You need to slow down and make rational, informed decisions.  Right now, you are in a frantic rush to transfer.  That can lead to errors and missteps.  I recommend you move back your timeline to transfer to next fall.   In the meantime, you actually need to speak to an admissions counselor at Miami and find out all the necessary facts and details.  

• drip

You need to figure out what job you want. What career you want. Then the education needed for it.

Don’t just pick business, what job do you want to be doing in the business field.

I assume you are the same person with less than 60 credits. You may not need to declare a major as yet,