Kelley asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

can you wash a floss fiber dog rope toy?

I was cleaning up around the house, and i noticed my Lab mix's rope tug toy,and I smelled it. He had peed on it some time in the recent past. Can i wash it without it falling apart in the washer/dryer?

Favorite Answer

(c/p)  Cleaning rope toys

Wet the toy and microwave it for a full minute. Microwave wattages vary so keep an eye on the toy while heating it. Take care when removing the item as it could be quite hot. The second best choice is to run your toy through your dishwasher on the hot cycle with no detergent.

Toy Maintenance - Hartzwww.hartz.com › toy-maintenance

The info online doesn't say anything about washing, so here's what I'd do.

I'd put it in a lingerie bag and wash it with similar colors, using warm water and regular detergent. If it unleashes lint, it won't be the end of the world. If it falls to pieces, the bag will contain them.

I'd air-dry it, since the dryer is sure to melt the waxed floss.

I don't know if this will clean it enough that your dog will happily use it, but if you own a lingerie bag already, worth a shot.

Oh, and I should have said that you could certainly hand-wash it in the sink.