what is the Alaskan hunters word used to thank the killed animal?

I live in Alaska, and i hunt. The only word I say is "Gotcha"

I live and hunt in Alaska.  Not a word, per se. More a short thankful prayer to the animal spirits and nature itself for giving this animal up so your family can thrive.  Usually something the hunter/person says from the heart.

There is probably a native 'word' for this type of prayer.  I will ask my friends.

I have noticed people who take the time to thank in this manner - they also are very frugal with the animal.  They will pay to have the hide tanned instead of tossing it.  They have a use for the bones - broth and then garden, or, off to a friend who is a dog musher and have recipes for the internal organs. They are the pinnacle of hunter ethics.  

Posgommie is the word.

• BBean

There are two very established hunters that frequent the hunting section and obviously are not visiting nor entertaining questions because of the idiotic and child-like questions being asked daily. You giving your avatar instead of going anonymous deserves an answer. Glacier Wolf and Bear crap are the two .

• Adam D

There are a couple dozen native peoples in the Alaska region.  Each has their own language and culture.  To find the info you're looking for, you'd need to first decide which one you're talking about.  Then begin your internet research.  Given the low quality of this site, the remoteness of Alaska, and it's communications infrastructure, it is extremely unlikely you'll encounter any actual Native Alaskan using this site.  The odds are low that you'll encounter someone randomly who will happen to know the info you're looking for.

Animals aren't people, I don't see a reason to thank them, and I try not to anthropomorphize them.

Good. Now I don't have to eat whale blubber. :)