Oslay asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 month ago

Do stores bag a TV after purchasing it or they give it to you in the box alone?

Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Brandsmart, etc.

just wondering

In the box alone 

They give it to you in a box alone because the TV's are way too big to be bagged.

they bag it for you then take it out to your car because it is heavy 

What would be the use of putting such a large box in a bag ?

It's not like one person can pick up such a large bag by one pair of handles and walk away carrying it that way.

It has to be a pretty big bag or maybe you are planning on buying a very small tv.

I worked at Walmart and bought a vizio 4k which I wanted since I started there. It was onsale and then marked down, but they only had 2 or 3.

When I hooked it all up, there was a Netflix name in the memory.

It's still running fine after five years, but no TV comes in a bag.

What people do is buy BIG SCREENS for playoffs and the Super Bowl, then they return them (This is known in the industry).

Most times, there is nothing wrong with the product, but NOT NEW!

Sometimes they forget to put the remote in or the cheap *** HDMI cords, so not a problem, but yeah, if you expect a new product, you should get that.

This problem happens at ALL Big Box Retailers.

People need to get right and stop ******* over these corporations, cause guess what, when I go to a store or order and get crap, I then need to take time out of MY life to return it.

These people are actually only ******* with consumers.

A new TV will typically come in a box of some kind. The one on display is just that, it's for display only.

If you buy an open box model then it may not come with the box, and typically they'll just give it to you as-is in that case, although they may shrink wrap it for you if it will make transporting it easier and you ask.

The TV on display id generally not the one you get, they give you one in a box and leave the display.  Do you not know hoe shops work?

Sometimes there's an open-box discount, and it seems reasonable that display models are in the category.

Crutchfield sells scratched or dented items at a discount. Perhaps some were returned because the previous owners were dissatisfied with them.

In the box alone