Why aren't Jehovah's witnesses transparent about their deeper beliefs when they first start studying with people?

• TeeM

For the same reason Jesus said:

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you are not able to bear them now. (John 16:12) 

Would you teach a young child how to do algebra before you teach them to count?

In Genesis 3:15 why didn't God just say:

"In over 4,000 years, I am sending my Son, Jesus to be the Christ. At this time Satan will put him to death, which will be prove to be as a bruise in the heel, because I will resurrect him. Then you must wait over 2,000 years before he returns again and crushes Satan in the head, destroying Satan forever."

Why not ask:

Why did Jesus wait some 66 years after his death to provide us with the Revelation of the deep things coming in the last days?

Why did Jesus tell his disciples NOT to tell the people Jesus was the Christ?

(Matthew 16:20) 20 Then he sternly instructed the disciples not to tell anybody that he was the Christ.

(Mark 8:29, 30) 29 And he put the question to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” Peter answered him: “You are the Christ.” 30 At that he strictly ordered them not to tell anyone about him.

Yet, the truth is we are VERY transparent as to out teachings.

Go to jw.org and find out.

.

• David

Witnesses are trying to get "prospects" to nibble so they can reel them in.

Because they want to trap people.

• BJ

Growing up requires our learning how to learn. This is particularly true with respect to spiritual growth.

A wise person not only will hear, willingly listen, but will take in more instruction, and will not be one always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

Learning is a cumulative process. Increase in learning brings us a desire to advance to a complete and accurate knowledge of truth, so as to please and have the approval of Jehovah.

• david

The same reason all the other religions hide their "ulterior motives".

If you put such questions please say transparently and obviously what do you mean. And fear God to say lie!

Because if they're upfront about their deeper beliefs** their recruiting prospects, a.k.a. the people they are studying with, would quickly end the "study sessions."

**Examples of deeper JW beliefs include...

1.  Anyone not a JW is not saved

2.  The Watchtower Society, not Jesus Himself, determines who is saved and who isn't. 

Oh I think that should be pretty obvious, don't you? Considering how utterly whacky their deeper beliefs are, would you want people you were trying to recruit to know that before they were well and truly indoctrinated? No, obviously you wouldn't. 

• Misty

They want to hook you first.

Who cares? I recommend all avoid cults like plague...STICK WITH REAL TRINITY churches.