Do you think Joe Cocker should be in the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame?

• donnie

Sure.                         

You ask that as if the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame has any sort of credibility.  News flash, it doesn't.

• Emdog

That hall of fame is simply a commercial venture to wow the rubes. Musicians Hall of Fame much better... a bit of integrity. I'm amazed Joe isn't in Cleveland....

Yes, I do think so

Without any further delay or hesitation.

Yes he should, he had a great singing voice 

You mean he's not?  Everybody else wHoever made a record is.

Yes, and my guess is that he eventually will get in.

Certainly being known almost entirely for interpreting other people’s songs instead of composing his own works against him. But his style was so singular, and his interpretations of those works of other songwriters were often so compelling that I think he’s worthy of the recognition.

He put together a vast body of appealing work. The many albums he recorded over the last 2/3 of his recording career became pretty formulaic, but there were always compelling tracks to be found in each one.

I was fortunate enough to have seen him perform live a couple of times, and both times he put on a great show.

• Nick

Yeah, probably. He isn't exactly near the top of my list of most egregious snubs though.

After Todd Rundgren and The Spencer Davis Group.