why do they want to remove confederate statues?

Update:

i wonder  if religion has to do with this

10 Answers

Relevance
  • James
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some people oppose “honoring” traitors who declared war on the USA.

• 1 month ago

Some feel that the Confederate States of America were slave owning racist governments.  And any statues that revere the CSA heroes is a reminder that slavery was once condoned and fought for by the southern states.  In other words, the CSA was the enemy of the USA, the Union, during the Civil War.  And those CSA statues are statues of America's enemies.

• 1 month ago

They try to erase the past.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because people think that the statues represent slavery.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Generally, you erect a statue of someone to honor their contributions to the country or society or generally to revere and remember their accomplishments, but it turns out that many statues of Confederate soldiers were erected to intimidate black citizens and communicate that locally the ideals of the Confederacy would prevail despite the fact that the Confederacy had lost the Civil War.

So I would want to remove them because I wouldn't want anyone to think that any citizen living today subscribes to the ideals of the Confederacy and if anyone is worried about people forgetting history, I'd mandate that some kind of plaque be put on the replacement statue explaining what was there before.

Sometimes it's good to remember the shameful things your country has done as well.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because the confederate army lost . Losers should have no status. confederates should be deemed terrorists .

• 1 month ago

Same reason I don't want a statue of osama bin laden. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They already removed them all, keep up

• 1 month ago

Jews wanting to use blacks and mexicans to kill whites.

• 1 month ago

it beats thinkin'....... 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.