What the purpose of interviewing external candidates if you’re going to give the job to an internal candidate ?

This is so frustrating, I literally want to cry. I went through 6 interviews with a company just for them to give the job to an internal candidate. Fast forward 6 months. I interview with the same company again and they did the same thing. I’m so frustrated, I don’t know what to do! 

• Alex

This is just a sign of the type of company you have applied to.  They have done this to you twice.  You can bet that if you ever got your foot in the door with them, there will be a never ending chain of leading you on all the while never really having considered you for what you are pursuing.  

Sounds like they are being diligent and making sure they get the right person.  What about the positions they left? They are open now, right?

• To avoid charges of discrimination, they have to interview all candidates and apply objective tests to decide the most suitable.

• JJ

Well there are two ways to look at it. One, they're using you so don't bother with another interview. Two, if you do enough interviews they might start to consider you an insider and hire you.