Do you think AOC should be re-lected since she didn't allow Amazon to provide jobs in New York City?

Favorite Answer

i do not think she should be re-elected.

One of the reasons is that she drove out Amazon and their $115,000 average salary for 25,000 jobs.

Does not make any sense

She is a member of Congress, not of the NYC Planning Commission or other bodies with authority to approve or veto construction and zoning changes, so her views pro or con regarding Amazon are irrelevant.  And Amazon was rejected for the Bronx for reasons involving traffic and crowding.  Amazon is building a facility on Staten Island.

Actually, I like the Congresswoman, but I don't think she was the "real" cause of Amazon leaving NYC. I was traveling in Austin, TX the summer before Amazon announced where it would locate its "second" HQ listening to the radio. Austin was on the short list for selection and there was some buzz in the city about that possibility. I was listening to a local radio station and the radio guy was talking to another guest and he said: "Ya know, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I would bet money that Jeff and the gang have already decided where they are going to locate and we are not it. This is all about power and Jeff already owns the Washington Post, he has a house in that area, and all he has to decide now is what is the best real estate deal he can get in the Greater DC area. I bet it will be somewhere in that area." Wow, talk about prophetic!

Yes,  because she told the richest man in the world that New York Tax payers were not going to foot the ridiculous tax break he wanted. 

He can well afford to pay his taxes, or take his damn business elsewhere and let some other sucker state give more free billions, to a Billionaire. 

Yes.  The jobs weren't very good and the tax breaks, etc., that Amazon wanted in return weren't reasonable.

• Mike

Amazon wouldn't agree to allow employees to join a union.