Penelope asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Will I have saggy skin if I lose 50 pounds? ?

Hi I’m 41 years old 5’5...I was 175 pounds (due to covid never was this heavy I was always 140). I lost 12 pounds and am currently down to 163 pounds. My goal is to hit 125lb! I’m scared of saggy skin! Do you think I will have lots of sagging skin? 

• keerok

If you lose it fast, there's the tendency to sag. Either you lose weight very slowly or have surgery fix it.

No, you won't have lots of saggy skin. The reality is that if someone your height loses 50+ pound, it is possible their skin will not fully adjust to the new size.  It depends a lot on how long you've been carrying the extra weight and where that weight is being carried. 

Being scared of having baggy skin is a psychology excuse to fail at dieting.  There are tens of thousand of people who've lost 100 pounds who don't have much if any noticeable saggy/baggy skin. Even if you did end up with a little loose skin, you'll still look better and be healthier at 125 the your are at 175.  

Focus on adopting a permanent eating plan that will not only get you to 125, but allow you to stay there for the rest of your adult life. Improve the nutritional quality of the foods you eat, get daily exercise, and you will look and feel amazing.  

Good luck and bravo for already being down 12 pounds!

• ?

No i doubt it.  You're only 41.