Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Is philanthropy a sin?

If God wants us to freely choose to ignore the homeless and bleed the poor dry. God wants us to be at the mercy of the whims of a sociopathic billionaire who worships money. 

Update:

Mark: Money doesn’t grow on trees. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Liar.  President Trump is not a sociopath, and I don't know if he is a billionaire.  We still have Congress to hold back the president, and the president to hold back Congress.

No, philanthropy is not a sin.  Do good in the time you have left, because that's how Jesus rewards us.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ask a question when you're back in your right mind.

• 1 month ago

I've worked with both secular and christian groups that help to house, feed, and clothe the homeless - and to try to give them the opportunity to get out of poverty.

I won't work with any christian group that requires people to listen to a sermon, or attend a service in order to take advantage of the benefits they are providing.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Either you don't know what philanthropy is or you know nothing about God. Its either these two. Whoever lies about God and assumes benevolence is a "sin" obviously is a very deluded creep.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Billionaires don't take money away from anyone. That idea is false. There's plenty of money to be made in America. 

• Jeff
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

christians treat it like it is.  they ignore christ's NT tenets every day, and rely on greed and hording wealth to motivate them - which is the exact opposite of what christ expects of a true follower. They honestly have no real values.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.