battery power bank?

can i hook a large battery directly to a  us 16v wall outlet so i can plug things in

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

"a us 16v wall outlet"?? 

What is it? 

We have 120 volts, 60 Hertz AC power in our wall outlets/receptacles. 

We also have 240 volts available in the house. 

You surely can't connect any battery directly to house power. 

I think most doorbells in the USA are 16 volts AC, at least that's how it used to be. 

Which large battery do you have? 

12.6 volts or something else??

• 1 month ago

No. There is NO SUCH THING as a 16volt wall outlet in the US.

In addition, batteries use DC and wall outlets are AC.

• 1 month ago

Assuming you aren't just trolling, please educate yourself about AC vs DC power.

Or - better yet, just don't.

• 1 month ago

Wall outlets in the USA are 110-120 volt AC. Batteries need to be charged with DC voltage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I could explain to you how to do this, but it would take a while and it's not that hard to figure out on your own. If you can't figure it out on your own you shouldn't be messing with electricity. Long story short, yes if you buy a 120v to 12v charger you COULD run things off a 12v battery bank while the wall outlet charges it, but it would be pointless and inefficient. Chargers and inverters are not 100% efficient anyway so you're be wasting money for no reason by converting things to a lower voltage just so they can be converted to a higher voltage again. If your goal is to run 12v electronics, then just get a 120v to 12v step-down converter.

• 1 month ago

Where in the world do you have a 16v wall outlet?  The battery would have to be of the same voltage!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. I have no idea where you think there's 16v wall outlets but no, just no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.