Married after five dates?

Would u get married after only five dates. Read that somewhere I think it's too quick what would u do during those dates? They wrote that it was fine to do that

35 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Even it might not seem a good idea in hindsight. Married after five dates really depend upon various conditions like the people being dated, the person who is dating, and the time span in between the dates as well as how the dates go. It's not impossible to find the one you love in just five dates.

• 1 month ago

You are only married after five dates if your fifth date is at a wedding chapel with an officiant present, vows said, and a marriage certificate signed.  Or if you got her pregnant after four dates, and three months later her father and her father's shotgun send you to the wedding chapel. 

• 1 month ago

Would like to know who "they" are.  

• 1 month ago

The sex would have to be out of this world for me to do that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You could and there's nothing wrong with that, but for a chance at a healthier and more stable relationship, you should probably know each other for at least a year before making a commitment like marriage.

• 1 month ago

it's no problem, boblem

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Traditionally people wait at least 3 to 6 months, before popping the question "Will You Merry Me".  Your five dates thing is for people over 70.

• 1 month ago

nah that's just asking for a disaster it proberly will end in tears but good look to ya

• 1 month ago

"Marry in haste, repent at your leisure"!

We fall madly in love, don’t we, thinking (feeling rather) that it will last forever and is enough for a serious relationship. However, it’s very hard to live on an emotional high for very long. Eventually we start to come down from the ecstasy, excitement, strong passions and desires, typically after around 18 months to three years (people vary of course). If couples are friends, discuss their mutual values, shared ambitions, interests, etc., in some depth (obviously there will be some differences, which help make relationships interesting), and make plans, work on their personal development, etc., this can develop into a long and wonderful relationship. If one feels insecure or low in self respect, it can make for a difficult partnership. It's easy to behave at our best when in love, but marriage, for example, requires a lot of self discipline, sacrifice, compromise and flexibility. If a strong friendship is not in place, the relationship will probably peter out eventually - or worse. Quite often we fall in love because we are lonely and allow ourselves to be won over by anyone who takes an interest in us. Thus we give away control to somebody else if we are not careful. This is another reason for taking things very slowly, and really getting to know someone before committing ourselves or getting too emotionally or sexually involved. Sex can be emotionally bonding, which is disastrous if the other things are not there: strong friendship, similar values and standards, common interests, etc.

• David
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

My co-worker is about to do this.  I think he's nuts.  I just met him in June.  A couple months later, he met a girl.  They are planning a wedding this year.  I think they've had less than five actual dates.  Insanity.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.