To the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS Christians: Why is the Book of Mormon referred to as "The fullness of the everlasting gospel."?

There seems to be quite a few critical doctrines that are not included in the BoM.

1) Heavenly Father having a body of flesh and bone. 

2) Melchizedek and Aaronic priesthood (as currently practiced after Jesus came) 

3) A.D. temple worship (not even mentioned). 

4) No polygamy rules mentioned. 

5) No maps to help the reader follow along with the stories.

I have noticed more, but there is not much room to put here. I am very confused about my cousins religion. Nice people, but very confusing for someone who is new trying to piece it all together.

• Doug
    Favorite Answer

LDS is a non-Christian cult that believes in a different "Jesus" than the One in Scripture. The Mormon "Jesus" was born in Jerusalem and is brother of Satan. The biblical Jesus was born in Bethlehem and is the eternal Son of God. Mormonism also teaches that a lifetime of good works is necessary in order to get to heaven. I have nothing against the Mormon people (I've met many Mormon friends during my time in the military), but they are deceived by a false religion that offers no hope of eternal life.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

One definition of fullness is "a sufficient amount," or maybe enough to get started with.  The Book of Mormon suffices to introduce one to Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost.  The rest comes later in other revelations, such as those included in The Doctrine and Covenants.

The Utah Mormons believe that Jesus told Joseph to practice polygamy . But Joe's own mom , son , and only wife swore that he didn't do that sin . Joe was interested in bringing the 1st centry Christianity back . You would be right just obeying all of Jesus' sayings .

LDS are not Christians.

Mormons aren't Christians.  Too many of their beliefs contradict the Bible.  

If they are anything like that Romney guy, then I do not need them around me.  That man is all for himself and acts like a baby if he can't have what he thinks he should always get.

Are they "nice people"? I have been to Utah quite a few times. Didn't seem like (and their political record reflects that) a great place for non-whites to be.