Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 month ago

Krav Maga vs Brazilian Jui Jitsu?

So both are pretty good styles for REAL fights.  Both are badass.

But which one in general is better?  Like I know they are both good in different ways.  I know that some instructors are better than others.  I know it depends on the practicioner as well.

But to keep it simple, who MORE THAN HALF of the time would win a REAL fight?

Neither they both suck

This is the third time you have asked this question that I have seen. All three times you were given a detailed answer but you choose to ignore them. Are you just a troll?

Also, define real fight?

Too hard for me to say who would win more than half the time.  

But I can tell you a few things that might help you decide.

Brazilian Jui Jitsu black belts require more experience/training/time than black belts in krav maga.  It takes less time to become a black belt in krav maga than Brazilian Jui Jitsu.

If you use brazilian Jui Jitsu, you don't have to worry too much about getting punched or kicked because you are able to get on top of them and lock their arms (as well as their legs).  So even if they are heavy and you are light, you can still safely stop them as you get them on the ground and use submissions to lock their arms and legs.

In Brazilian Jui Jitsu, you are fighting on the ground (ground work) and grappeling (like wrestling).  If you are fighting atleast 2 people at once, it is hard to use Brazilian Jui Jitsu on both because you are on the ground.  Also wrestling/grappeling/ground fighting on a sidewalk or would be the worst place to wrestle (unless you had a mat lol).

No punching, kicking, elbowing, or disarms/weapon defenses in Brazilian Jui Jitsu.  Krav Maga teaches ALL of that.  That's why Krav Maga would be better for taking 2 people at once without backup.

I can't say who more than half of the time would win a fight.  

Krav Maga doesn't involve much ground work.

Try both and decide which is better.

Source(s): Tried both, went with krav maga.