Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 month ago

Use apostrophes where they are needed in the following sentences. In some sentences, you will need to add an apostrophe and an -s.?

1. I can never read Harrys writing because his os look like as. 

2. No one thought that AI and Janets business would do so well in its first three months of operation. 

3. Charles older sister is encouraging him to major in computer science, but he isn't sure he wants to.

4. Lois new car must be a lemon, because its engine is not running well, and its been in the shop three times in month.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

1. I can never read Harrys writing because his os look like as.

It's better to use few apostrophes, but in this case, the words "os" and "as" are confusing without them.

> I can never read HARRY'S writing because his O'S (o's) look like A'S (a's).

2. No one thought that AI and Janets business would do so well in its first three months of operation.

Use one apostrophe because they both own the same business.

https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/apostro.as...

> No one thought that Al and JANET'S business would do so well in its first three months of operation.

3. Charles older sister is encouraging him to major in computer science, but he isn't sure he wants to.

> CHARLES'S older sister is encouraging him to major in computer science, but he isn't sure he wants to.

4. Lois new car must be a lemon, because its engine is not running well, and its been in the shop three times in month.

> LOIS'S new car must be a lemon because its engine is not running well, and IT'S been in the shop three times in ONE month.

NOTES:

Do not use a comma before "because"

A word was omitted before "month"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.