HELP DENTED CAN!!!?

Just ate some canned food and I noticed a small dent on the bottom. Looked inside didn’t see a hole but I’m scared I will get botulism. Please helpppp.

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If nothing was leaking from the dent and the food looked and smelled fine you'll be fine. Before I put any canned food item in my shopping cart I always give it a once over for dents and swollen ends.

• If the food wasn't bubbling, or didn't taste funky, or smelled funky then you are A-okay.

• 1 month ago

Nothing we can do to help, you're the one who ate it. Having said that, I HIGHLY doubt there would be anything wrong with the food. Just be careful in the future.

• 1 month ago

As long as the can was not bulging, leaking, rusted it is probably just fine.  This looks like a recent dent I would not be worried about it at all.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Food cans get dented all the time. Doesn’t affect what’s inside.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If a can is not broken open, it will be fine. A dented can does not automatically mean the food is bad. If you drop a can on the floor and it dents, the contents don't go bad immediately. If you pop a hole in it however, toss it out. 

• 1 month ago

I think you'll be fine.  That's a small dent.

• 1 month ago

No, you wont get botulism. You don't touch a can if it's dented and the top is bubbled, if it's just a dent then the seal hasn't been breached and it's fine. I haven't seen a bubble can for years, nowadays the shops have more sense but just a dent is fine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.