Do you think NFL jerseys should be redesigned so helmets could be latched on to prevent helmets flying off during hard hits?

It’s only a matter of time before momentum causes another player to slam into a helmet-less player’s head, possibly killing him!!!

No, I don't think that's necessary.

• NiJo

You've obviously never been face masked. 

I think that is a solution in search of a problem.  Assuming you're talking about something more robust than the chin strap.

The bigger problem with helmets is first and foremost concussions.  Maximizing the amount of force the helmet absorbs should be priorties 1 through 10.  And what baffles me is that I feel like the tech is already out there...it just looks dumb.  Does anyone remember Mark Kelso's helmet cap?  It was a padded shell on the OUTSIDE of the helmet.  It looked retarded, but it seemed to have worked.  Kelso was concussion prone before using it and IIRC, didn't have a concussion after he started using it.

The NFL should mandate the use of a similar technology.  NFL helmet should have a compressible rubber or plastic exterior that would absorb shocks of both BEING hit and from the hitter, creating a combined effect much stronger than just one helmet worth.  In fact, the hard casing on the helmet may well be doing more harm than good by making hitters feel invincible and like the helmet is a weapon.

After they solve that issue, then the next issue, IMHO, is face masks.  These things are practically grab-handles.  We have lightweight clear plastics now that are pretty good.  Replace the face mask with a smoother face shield.  It would need holes or ventilation to prevent fogging and enable breathing easy, but you could get more safety mileage by innovating that.

Either way, helmets cannot always prevent someone from having a concussion.

• donnie

After they went full SJW I stopped watching 

They are latched on with a device called a "chin strap" 

Unfortunately, a lot of NFL players don't fasten the "chin strap" correctly because they like to get their face on TV.