What would you do if your boyfriend didn't buy you anything for your birthday? But he said he did, and then just purposefully forgot ..?

I know birthdays are not a contest in any capacity. I am with a guy that claims he is "madly" in love with me. He wanted the whole week to be devoted to his birthday. He wanted a steak dinner and a $100 tattoo as his gifts and a custom cake. On my birthday this year, he actually spent the day with his friend. It seemed like he acted purposefully emotionally distant, smh. He said my gift is late, I saw he ordered a $6 cardboard cut out for my birthday. But that 's it. Am i overreacting ?

There's not much i could do.  So i wouldn't do anything.  However, i wouldn't believe anything he said from now on, either.  And i might break it off with him. Not because he didn't buy me a present but because he lied about it.  

If it’s that big of a deal then break up. You’re not entitled you know. Lol 😂. Maybe you forgot his birthday or something