Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

How do you cope emotionally and mentally with being around someone who acts like a real friend one day and despises you another day?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I would think they have a problem,  They may be bipolar,  on days they acted like they hated me I would stay away from them.   If I ask them what was wrong,  and they didn't give me a good answer,  and kept treating me badly  then I may just drop them as a friend.   Somethings can get old..

• Hayley
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I would confront them and if they do not drop that trait, I am dropping them like a box of hammers. Life is too short to deal with people like that.

• 1 month ago

I wouldn't "cope" with them, i'd let them know the friendship is over.  And that would be the end of that.  

• 1 month ago

You could try and bring it up and mention how it makes you feel. If they are receptive, then maybe you can work through it. If they're not, then maybe you should reevaluate where you are in your relationship with them. Hope this helps.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You learn to not invest yourself in them, and to fend off any requests they might make based upon "friendship".  You don't have to hate them, or even repel them.  Just establish boundaries.  Enjoy and get along with your "friend", so long as they remain on their side of the boundary.  On days when they're being pissy, don't answer their calls/texts.

• 1 month ago

That 'friend' would get the boot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.