Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Why do some conservatives oppose wearing face masks, when you would expect younger, less high-risk more liberal people be against them?

I mean, isn't conservatism supposed to be about carefully assessing risks, being practical and pragmatic, always striving for conscientious self-responsibility? While younger people are more like, "Eh, whatever, what's life without dangers, just relax and go with the flow" attitude?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

    We oppose being FORCED to wear masks!!!  Being FORCED, to wear a mask, is pure Socialism/Communism control.

    Go back, say 2-years.................when a person got sick - they stayed home so others would not get sick.....they used Common Sense.  If you weren't sick - you went everywhere with NO problems.  

    FRESH AIR is VITAL for Immune Health.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    I would expect younger, less high-risk more liberal people to have better understanding of science, but they believe in ozone holes and gorebull worming too.

    Attachment image
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Conservatism and liberalism come in all ages and so does the shunning of masks and social distancing. It's probably not young liberals risking themselves at all those Trump rallies just as it's not young conservatives risking themselves at street protests. A lot of people are taking chances, most of them on the younger side. Anyone with a serious preexisting condition is probably being careful regardless of their political affiliation. 

  • 1 month ago

    I have no problem wearing a mask.  You shouldn't assume all are the same if they belong to one party or the other.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    To the morons that say there's no scientific proof that masks work....use common sense, hospitals would be without nurses and doctors if masks didn't work. Just wear a mask and stfu

  • 1 month ago

    After 8 months of " masking " I have yet to have seen any " Scientific Medical Expert Proof " of masks saving even a single life . After 8 months you'd think there would be something .

    As a matter of fact , recent data shows 85% of those admitted to the hospital for COVID state they wore masks religiously with the remaining 15% saying they did ' most of the time ' .

  • donnie
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    I think the more this goes on the more people get tired of it and realize what a fraud all of this is. 

  • only young people against it are the drunk college partyers 

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    It's become political. So you have some conservatives not wearing them when they should and you have some democrats wearing them when they shouldn't just to virtue signal

  • 1 month ago

    From what I've seen, it is the younger ones who are against it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.