Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Can you raise your child Jewish if youre not?

For example, I want to convert and raise my future children Jewish. Is this possible?

Please no rude comments, you’ll just get blocked and reported so what’s the point?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

No, he would have to be 13

• 4 weeks ago

If you convert before your children are born, by definition they will be Jewish.  All streams of Judaism hold to this.  If the husband is Jewish, and you are not, then if you raise them in a Jewish home Reform Judaism will consider them to be Jewish.

If none of these are true, then the children will have to convert when they're of age.

Source(s): I'm Jewish.
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!

Jewish means the RACE and you do not have the DNA!!!!!!!!!

What you mean is the religion of Judaism which anyone can join and follow!!!!!

• 4 weeks ago

It is possible but not every beth din wants to do so. 

Source(s): Orthodox Jew
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You can raise them with Jewish beliefs and practices but unless their mother is Jewish, they must formally convert to be accepted as Jewish. 

• 4 weeks ago

I don't know.  You will have to discuss it with your local Rabbi.  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Nobody can stop you from raising your children in any non-abusive manner you want. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Judaism will lead you to hell.  Jewish people still need to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ in order to avoid hell, like all people.  Death leads to heaven or hell.  The Lord Jesus Christ is God, who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead.  Nothing you could do will ever pay for any of your sins.  Jesus already paid for all of our sins with His death on the cross and His shed blood, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead.  So the only way to get into heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your own works.  See Romans 4:5.  It is too late for you to be saved, after death.

• Carmen
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Jewish religion, yes. Jewish race, no. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.