Trying to reset a password for a Yahoo account, but the email address for recovery is invalid. What can I do?

Hello all,

My grandmother has locked herself out of her yahoo account. She doesn’t have a cell phone and the email address for recovery is invalid. The domain name for the account contains a spelling error. Now she cannot reset her password. I tried to contact yahoo for her, but they don’t have support for free accounts, and Yahoo Plus can only be signed up for if you can login. Since she can’t log in, she can’t even sign up. Does anyone know what to do here? I’m wondering if she can call support, explain, sign up for Yahoo Plus and then get her password reset? Surely someone has encountered something similar?

• SOT3

The account is lost if the recovery methods are invalid.

• Sharon

Unless you have set up a recovery method you won't be able to get your account back. This is how to recover your account if you have password/sign in problems: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2824.html