Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 1 month ago

What power does your dominant sign have over you?

My dominant sign is Virgo, which is COMPLETELY different from my Libra Sun and Sagittarius Moon. But my Rising, Mercury, and Venus are all in Virgo. 

Astrology means jack sh*t. Why tf do you let these retarded Jackie’s tell who you are? 

I'M A PISCES AND VERY STRONG WILLED...BUT I AM GREAT AT LOVE AND conversation. I have Scorpio rising.

• GibBas

Dominant signs, dominant planets won't help you getting to grips with a birth chart but your rising sign is relevant because the planet that rules it, (in your case Mercury), tells a lot about how you approach life in general. Your Mercury is in Virgo, an earth sign, so its a sense of something practical or concrete to be used that gets it working, There's lots more to be considered as well and not least is how your Mercury is aspected by other planets. Virgo and Sagittarius are 3 signs apart so any planets you have in these two signs may be square each other, (90 degrees apart, plus or minus 8 degrees). So your Mercury may be square to your Moon if their degree in each sign is within 8 degrees of each other. Mercury is about your mind and how that works and how you communicate; the Moon is about your feelings, emotions, your past etc and if they are square they may fight to dominate each other if you let them and this can then be seen in your daily life, especially when you're with people you don't know that well - ingrained mental habits may come to the fore eg.

I am definitely curious  and this is not a smarta$$ request.  What website did you get this from?  I've been studying astrology a long time and the only place I've ever heard the term "dominant sign" is here on YA. I'll be happy to try to answer your question, but I need to know what this is, and how it is determined. 

As an FYI, I think it is something made up by the person or persons running the website. Therefore I doubt there is anything to it, but I could be wrong.  It might be a modern term for an old concept.  So tell me where it comes from, or just post the name of the website and I'll check it out myself.  Thanks.