Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why do so many Christians feel the urge to go to a church even during a pandemic?

Isn't god everywhere? Can't you just stay home?

God commanded us to gather together.  You can't gather together and stay at home.  It is better to obey God than man.

What "pandemic"?  Our church never closed, and never will.  I don't wear a mask, I don't "social distance", and I don't stay home.  I go out and enjoy my life with friends.  Stop obeying all their stupid rules already.  Concerning this "pandemic", it's all from world "elites" that want to control the world.  So don't be deceived.  Some of us don't wear masks anywhere, because some of us don't believe the narrative about "covid-19".  But you're welcome to wear a mask for the rest of your life.  And if you're terrified, you can hide at home.  I don't stay home.  "Covid-19" doesn't exist at all.  People have had the flu throughout history.  There have been admitted faked "cases" and faked death certificates.  Some died from the ventilators.  It's all a power grab for world government types, and many people fall for it because "it's on TV".  A true pandemic doesn't need such lies and fakery.  Some lying leaders and some lying media have you where they want you.  They give you "permission" to leave your home and take off the mask if they decide to.  But as for me and people like me, we don't wear masks and we go wherever we want, because I don't believe your "experts" that you so dearly trust without even thinking about it.  And I refuse all vaccines, including their stupid "covid-19" poisonous vaccine, and all vaccines are poisons.

Duh.  We ALL feel the urge to go to church.  The majority of us, being intelligent and socially responsible people, stay home and watch our services on Zoom or live streaming.

• David

Why do so many non-Christians feel the urge to go out every weekend to get drunk with either their friends or complete strangers?  Seems that's a LOT more dangerous!

"Can't you just stay home?" while millions of others go to the pub, and to restaurants? Christians engage in public worship, to which others are welcome too, and even if hostile groups strive to keep us at home, we will not stop worshiping God. We do that in our homes, in car-parks, in buildings, wherever we can. No pandemic can stop Christians worshiping God which is what 'church' is all about.

Centuries of tradition for the urge to gather to compare clothing.

You forgot about the Eucharist, not to mention the command to not abstain from meeting together.

• Noddy

That's how instinctive superstition manifests itself...it's exactly the same urge that wild geese get to fly south as Winter approaches..it's a gut feeling that they must do it..

• Today's Christianity is just a lying social gathering as far as God is concerned.

They may as well go to the club for all it's worth!

When God's people "come together" they share what God has revealed or Paul wouldn't have admonished some of them LYING in the Church at Corinth saying

"How is it then brethren?  when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation.  Let all be done to the edifying" (I Corinthians 14:26).

11 "So Christ himself gave apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 

12 To equip His people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 

13 Until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. 

14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming" (Ephesians 4:11-14)!

God gives the "Spiritual gift" of "discerning of spirits" (I Corinthians 12:10) to those that He's sent (Romans 10:14-15) to "discern LIARS" in the Church and are those to be admonished by those God has "set in the Church" (I Corinthians 12:28)!

"Whom God has SENT the Spirit is given without measure" (John 3:34)!

Not like most today's Christians believe "God is the judge! You don't judge nobody!  God is not speaking through you!  If you believe that you need medication!" (I Kings 3:9)!

the church is the people not a building,you can worship in your car in a parking lot