Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

how long will it take me to lose 24lbs?

24F | 146.5 lbs | 5'3"

since October 13, I've started running everyday (gradually building up the distance from 3km to now 5km) and I plan on continuing my 5km daily run + I make sure to complete at least 14k steps per day. 

I'm not counting calories as that's impossible to do while with the parents, but I've been doing portion control.

Roughly speaking, how long will it take to lose those effin 24lbs, or at least notice changes. 

• 5 days ago

Superfoods for building muscle mass https://whatsteroids.com/

Unfortunately, if you aren't in a calorie deficit, you won't lose weight.  You CAN track your food so that you know how much your are eating and you CAN talk with your parents about working together to provide healthy choices.

Running is fine, but without knowing your speed, etc. there's no way to judge how many calories you might be burning.

Consider downloading a free food tracking app like MyFitnessPal, Lose It!, or Cron-o-meter.  You ca literally scan the bar code on a food or look it up.  That way you can at least get a feeling for what foods are high calorie and high carb, and which ones ofter you a better nutritional choice.

A healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week.  At an average rate of 1.5 lbs/week, it will take 17 weeks to lose 24 pounds -- or about 4 months.

Most people can notice a change in how their clothing feels after dropping 5-7 pounds.  If you don't notice your clothing feeling looser in a month, then you need to make more adjustments to your food -- not do more exercise.  

Congrats! Running 5k every day will help you reach your goal a lot faster. But, make sure you do take at least one day off from running (you can do pilates or yoga or cycling if you still want to be active but your knees and hips will need a break, trust me. I'm a life-long distance runner and I've never forced my body to run every single day).

24 pounds is a lot to lose for someone your height and weight. I'd imagine the next 10 pounds will come off fairly quickly and healthily but the next 14 pounds may take a little longer. It's impossible to say exactly how long it will take but you will reach your goal if you are consistently moving and eating healthy. Your mindset seems to be in the right place! Good luck!!

just try it and see and then you'll know