Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 month ago

Why is it that you fit a child on a bike by making sure the ball of their feet can touch the floor, but adults are fitted differently? ?

Adults are fitted that their not able to have the balls of their feet touching the floor.

To ?. Yes. I understand this, but I feel like I have more control of my bike. Setting my seated to be able to touch the ground. Cause every time I stop and have to get off the saddle. I tip over the wrong way. 😞

Favorite Answer

Because children don't have the same sense of balance as yet that adults do.  DUH! 🙄  By the age of 8 or so, they should be able to raise the saddle so their legs extend, just like an adult.  

• D50

Adults SHOULD be able to touch the ground with their foot. Usually, children's bikes are fitted so their feet can be FLAT on the ground while they sit. 

Children are clumsy and fall over, so you make sure they can touch the ground to avoid this.