Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

How to get my ovaries removed?

I had a hysterectomy about 6 yrs ago, bit my dr didnt do it right and he left the ovaries.   I dont need them.   I still get ovulation pain.  

How can I convince a dr to remove them?

Tylenol DOES NOT WORK.

Im also not able to track my cycle..  I had a hysterectomy.  I dont have periods

• MissA

I mean step one would be to ask a doctor.

However your first doctor didn't do anything "wrong" necessarily.  The ovaries are usually left in place during a hysterectomy because taking them out immediately throws the woman into artificial menopause and requires her to start taking hormone replacement therapy.

• D_21

Your ovaries are responsible for producing important hormones your body needs. If the doctor removes your ovaries that will throw you into early and immediate menopause.  Which is more than just not having a period anymore. There are allot of unpleasant symptoms women can experience from this. In fact many women end up on hormone replacement medications during and after natural onset menopause.

There's hot flashes, chills, vaginal dryness, severe mood swings, changes to libido, random sweating, fatigue, dry skin, irritability, changes in sleep, and in rare cases some hair loss.

Removal of ovaries is medically reserved for worst case scenarios. For example: ovarian cancers.

A human ovary is roughly the size and shape of an almond. Also comparable to the size of the end of your thumb. From the distal knuckle to the fingertip. Even being so small, they play a large role in helping to balance our body chemistry.

Track your cycle. When you know you're approaching your ovulation date, try taking tylenol or utilizing other methods of pain management to deal with your discomfort.

If it seems extreme, unusual, or you have the sense that something is wrong...consult a healthcare professional. Maybe there's something else going on beside ovulation pain. If there's another issue maybe there's a solution.

I don't think you should have to live with the pain, but I'm not sure removing your ovaries is the best thing. Ultimately, only you are going to know what's best for you. I encourage you to research the matter thoroughly.

Taking ovaries out is not always included in a hysterectomy, so its not wrong. You go see a gyn and talk to them